Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my mom's recipes. Easy one dish meal!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, buttered
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook and drain noodles.
- Blend soup and milk together in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, topping with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Made this for my tuna lover. I used the can of peas I had, which was a little more than the recipe. He was thrilled with the turn out. His comments " A little less peas, a little more tuna, a little more noodles next time but delish!!! Very easy and enjoyable.
It had probably been 20 years at least since I made Tuna Casserole. I made it so often when the kids were small to save money that after they grew up I guess I was just tired of it. Well it will be back on the rotation again using this recipe. I used uncooked frozen peas that they really added a lot of flavor. DH came back for seconds and said, "It is really good!" Made for PAC Fall 2012
This is so easy to make and such a nice, comfort food. It tastes just like tuna helper, without having to buy the box! Really enjoyed this after a busy day at work and the next day for lunch. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2012.