Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good and creamy, got it from my bosses wife who got it from her mother-in law.
- 226.79 g egg noodles
- 290.58 g can cream of celery soup
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 177.44 ml evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 113.39 g mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 198.44 g can tuna, with juice
- Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large casserole dish, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Very good. The cream of celery soup gave a nice flavor. I added the mushrooms and 1/2 t salt. I used more cheese, 1 cup on top. We really liked this. Will make again. Thanks, Tara!
I have been jonesing for tuna casserole for awhile now and this hit the spot. Cream of celery soup and mushrooms are a must (though my mom always made it with peas- which is good too). I added the full cup (and a generous one at that) of cheese into the casserole and topped it with crushed cracker crumbs instead (though I like crushed potato chips as well). Really good!!! Thanks for posting this Tara- I will be making this again and again. I wonder how it would taste with chicken? Hmmmm....
Yummy, yummy, yummy! I must say I made a "few" changes. I didn't have cr. of celery so I subbed cr. of chicken. I also decreased the mayo to 1/4 c., put more cheddar in, added some softened cream cheese (approx. 4 oz.) and added a can of drained mushrooms. Rich delicious comfort food. Thanks for the inspiration!