THE BEST green bean casserole (I promise)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a family recipe, ususally a big hit at thanksgiving dinners. I have not found one person who did not like it. The ritz mix on top add the perfect seasoning and crunch to the recipe
- Ready In:
- 2 cans seasoned French style green beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 package Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- In a 9x11 casserole dish, DRAIN AND put both cans beans on bottom, then DRAINED corn on top of beans In separate bowl, mix sour cream and cream of celery soup together, spread mixture over top of corn, then add the cheese on the top.
- melt butter in small bowl and add crushed ritz, stir until butter is all soaked up.
- Sprinkle ritz topping over casserole then bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Note: slivered almonds on top is also good.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this dish last year for Thanksgiving and forgot to rate it! I came back to look up the recipe because I was asked by my daughter to make the same one I made last year. I do recall that I cooked and used fresh whole green beans as we do not have the canned versions available. I also used cream of chicken soup for the same reason....celery soup is not available. Evidently this is a great dish being it was the first dish remembered and requested by my child. Thank you!Reply
This went over very well at the potluck I brought it to. I used cream cheese (about 5 oz.) instead of sour cream, and cream of mushroom instead of celery, because that's what I had on hand. That said, I found it a little too rich for my tastes. Also, if I do this one again I'll use regular green beans, probably frozen.Reply
I,in error, bought the plain French style green beans. So,I added the following to compensate: Mortons Natures Seasonings,garlic powder with parsley,finely diced fresh onion. Mixed these together in the first layer with the beans. Also added a small abount of Parmesan cheese shavings on top of the cheddar cheese. And last,sprinkled Paprika atop the cheese. Everyone loved it and the unseasoned beans are considerably less expensive! P.S. I did try the plain yogurt in place of the sour cream and that worked nicely. Diana C.Reply
see 9 more