Recipe by dicentra
The Frugal Gourmet Cooks with Wine – Jeff Smith. Copyright 1986 He says... ”This kind of salad is common in Italian communities such as those in San Francisco or New York. It is very delightful and can be used as a first course, a side dish, a vegetable dish or a main course in the summertime. Now this is Frugal versatility!”
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans, defrosted
- 6 small new potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 3 flat anchovies, mashed
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanche the green beans for 2 minutes in boiling water. Drain and plunge into cold water. Drain again.
- Place the cooked potatoes, beans and tuna in a salad bowl.
- Mix the anchovies and pesto with the mayonnaise and pour onto the salad.
- Add salt and pepper to toss. Garnish with the parsley.