Recipe by amanda l b
These little fritters - or 'tuna pancakes' as my 5 year old calls them, are fast and nutricious - and loved by big and little people alike - especially my very fussy 5 year old. You can even can add sweet chilli sauce and some fresh coriander to give them an Asian flavour.
Top Review by Bliss1976
Really nice. Doubled up the recipe to make about 8 patties in the end and put some coriander instead of parsley. I agree that you want to keep them on one side for a bit longer to let them keep consistency, also a good "flipper" to turn them quick is a good idea :-)
- 100 g canned tuna in water
- 125 g creamed corn (2-3 tablespoons fresh corn can be substituted)
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat up a frying pan.
- When the pan is hot, spoon the mixture in heaped spoonfuls into the pan.
- Cook in batches for about 3 minutes each side, or until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from the pan, and continue cooking in batches.