Prep 8 mins
Cook 16 mins
We catch a lot of trout here, and this is a great way to fix it!
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 (1814.36 g) pan dressed trout
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml flour
- 177.44 ml slivered almonds
- 44.37 ml butter, divided
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml tarragon
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in the cavities of the trout.
- In shallow bowl, mix eggs and half and half.
- Dip trout in egg mixture, then roll in flour.
- In small skillet, saute the almonds in 2 t butter until light brown.
- Add lemon juice and tarragon.
- Remove from heat; keep warm.
- In large skillet, on med heat, combine oil and remaining butter.
- Fry the trout for 8 minutes, turn and fry another 8 minutes.
- Place trout on serving platter; top with almond mixture.
This is as good as any 5 star restaurant! It's fabulous! We had fresh trout, the sauce turned it into a fantastic dish! Thank you so much, Inez! We love your recipes!!!!
We voted this the best fish we have ever eaten!
I ordered a dish in Paris with trout and almonds that I just loved. So I looked for a recipe to replicate it and came across this one. I wanted to use a whole trout, not fillets like other recipes. This was delicious served with a rice pilaf like in th picture I posted.