Filet Mignon With Mushrooms
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Great way to fix filet mignons. This recipe is for medium-rare steaks.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb firm mushroom
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream, heated
- 6 (6 ounce) filet mignon, thawed
- 6 slices French bread
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup scotch
- Slice mushrroms and saute in 3 T. butter.
- Add flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend well.
- Stir in warm cream.
- Keep well-heated, in a separate skillet, while you saute the filets in hot butter for 3 minutes per side.
- Saute bread slices in 6 T. butter, turning often to prevent butter from being absorbed.
- Arrange bread slices in a ring on a well heated platter.
- Top with the filets and arrange the mushroom sauce in the center.
- Stir the scotch into pan juices, boil up for a minute or two and spoon sauce over the meat.
- Additional sauce my be served on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a great recipe from Omaha Steaks. It looks like I am not the only person that loves Omaha Steaks. This is definetly a 5 star, however after making it the first time learned to cut out the bread/butter/& scotch portion of the recipe. As good as the scotch/bread treatment sounds, I found the bread just turns into a soggy mess on the plate and is not worth the extra hassle. My advice is to just make the mushroom sauce and forget the bread steps. The mushroom sauce on the steak is enough to make this recipe a winner.Reply