1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I just found this in an older cookbook and haven't tried it yet, so the prep. time is just a guess. It sounds fantastic, though, so I'll probably make it this weekend to "celebrate" the end of summer:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1CAKE: Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- 3With an electric mixer on low speed, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- 5Blend in vanilla.
- 6Scrape down sides of bowl; blend on high speed for 6 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 7Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- 8Mix in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, blending after each addition until the batter is smooth.
- 9Stir in the chocolate chips; pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 10Bake for 75-85 minutes, or until a toothpick tests done.
- 11Cool in pan for 20 minutes; invert onto a serving dish and cool completely.
- 12GLAZE: Combine the chocolate chips, shortening, and corn syrup in a saucepan over very low heat.
- 13Stir just until melted and smooth; cool slightly.
- 14Pour or spoon glaze over cake; let stand until glaze is set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 982.5
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 191.3 mg
- Sodium 406.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 99.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g