Prep1 hr 10 mins
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This recipe by Lorri Foockle won "Grand Prize" in a "Taste of Home" magazine. With five kinds of cheese it is by far THE BEST lasagna I've ever tasted!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (12 oz.)
- In a skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the next seven ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, parsley, cottage cheese, ricotta and parmesan.
- Spread 1 cup of meat sauce in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Layer with 3 noodles, provolone cheese, 2 cups of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup of mozzarella, three noodles, 2 cups of meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 50 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.