Prep1 hr 10 mins
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This recipe by Lorri Foockle won "Grand Prize" in a "Taste of Home" magazine. With five kinds of cheese it is by far THE BEST lasagna I've ever tasted!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (12 oz.)
- In a skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the next seven ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, parsley, cottage cheese, ricotta and parmesan.
- Spread 1 cup of meat sauce in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Layer with 3 noodles, provolone cheese, 2 cups of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup of mozzarella, three noodles, 2 cups of meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 50 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Very Good! Easy! I made ahead of time and put in the refridgerator. It came out so yummy! I even forgot to put in the provolone. I'll bet it even taste better if that is possible.
This recipe is extremely good and rich in flavor. My oldest, who is a great fan of lasagna tried to eat the entire pan. This is definately a winner. Thanx for posting.
Made this tonight for dinner and got rave reviews all around. We're not usually fussy about lasagna but everyone agreed that this was the best lasagna any of us had tasted in a long time. Followed the directions exactly. Great recipe. Thanks!