Spicy Jalapeno-Cilantro Chicken Salad
I won grand prize in the Cook's Country Magazine, Best Chicken Salad contest with this delish chicken salad You may sub tuna for the chicken for a great tuna salad; Recipe ##224964.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 4 cups cooked cut-up chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nacho-style sliced jalapeno, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together except the chicken.
- Gently fold the chicken into the mayonnaise mixture until well combined.
- Transfer to your serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, to allow flavors to meld.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a refreshing change! I'll definitely be making this often. I used left over rotisserie chicken, but changed up the ratios to give the salad extra zing. I used only one cup chicken, and used 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup mayo. More than enough heat for me that way! Can't wait to test it out with tuna.Reply
see 4 more