- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 (8 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, cook beef and sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the next 7 ingredients and simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine eggs, parsley, cottage cheese and ricotta cheese. Process until smooth.
- In a 13x9x2 baking dish, spread 1 cup meat sauce.
- Layer with 3 noodles, provolone cheese, 2 cups cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup mozarella, 3 noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with remaining 3 noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-20 minutes longer.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an executive director for an assisted living community in San Antonio. It lets me put my passion of helping others to good use for our senior population. One of my other great passions is cooking. I love to entertain and prepare new recipes for my guests. My cookbook collection numbers 200+, and I always want more.