1/1 Photo of Tortilla Chicken Casserole
Easy tasty casserole just right for lunch or dinner. Serve with a green salad and perhaps some refried beans. If you wish you may skip the center layer of tortillas and only use 6 tortillas (personally I like the center layer). If you skip the center layer still put in half of the cheese after you have poured in half of the chicken mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (7 ounce) can sweet kernel corn
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce (Use more or less it's up to you)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 9 tortillas (I use corn but use your favorite, the number of tortillas depends on the size of your tortillas, you)
- 1Lightly grease 8'x11 1/2' casserole dish
- 2Spray a non stick skillet with vegetable oil and brown the chicken along with the garlic & onions.
- 3Remove from skillet.
- 4Add corn, red pepper, jalapenos and warm through.
- 5Add Tomato sauce, cumin, cilantro, hot sauce, all spice, salt & pepper, bring to a simmer.
- 6Add tomatoe & return the chicken to the skillet, stir, bring to a simmer.
- 7Line the greased pie plate with 3 tortillas.
- 8Pour in half the chicken mixture & top with half the cheese.
- 9Cover with 3 more tortillas.
- 10Pour in the remaining sauce, top with 3 more tortillas.
- 11Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- 12Bake in 350F oven for apprx 25 minutes or until the casserole is heated through the cheese has melted and is nicely browned.
- 13Let it rest 5 minutes, Slice & serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 889.5
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 2386.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 52.0 g