Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from a box of near east
- 5 5⁄8 ounces couscous (toasted pine nut)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into half inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add broth and contents of spice packet. Bring just to a boil. Stir in asparagus. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and parmesan cheese.