Pea Tomato Couscous
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen baby sweet peas
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato, seeds removed
- 3⁄4 cup couscous, uncooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized pot, over medium high heat.
- saute shallots/garlic in oil until softened.
- Stir in cumin and cook 1-2 minute.
- Add broth, peas and tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer 1-2 minute.
- Stir in the couscous.
- Cover with a lid and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
Join The Conversation
Very delicious and easy to make - we love couscous and this is a great combination of veggies and seasonings. Makes a great presentation with the red and green colors. I served this dish along side a vegetarian enchilada dish. Will definitely keep this on my short list of go-to couscous recipes. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, January, 2012.