Balsamic Tomato Couscous
We had a potluck to attend where we had been asked to bring a side dish. I was craving couscous though I knew few (if any) of my friends would be willing to try it. Never mind, I moved forward! This is a slight adaptation of one I found in one of my favorite cookbooks "500 almost fat free pasta recipes." And truth be told, I brought very little home and got asked for the recipe!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups nonfat vegetable broth or 2 cups nonfat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked couscous
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 small tomatoes
- In a medium pan, bring the broth to a boil.
- When it is boiling add the basil and garlic and stir. Then add the couscous, cover the pan, and remove it from the heat. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl mix the balsamic vinegar, the oil, and the pepper. Add the tomatoes.
- When the couscous is ready add the tomato mixture and mix well.
- Serve hot or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Didnt actually like the sound of this but had all the ingredients in the cupboard and though..hell why not?!?! Turned out superb, flavourful.. could probably do with a little less balsamic vinegar as its very vinegary i would suggest 2tbps.. but overall a good 5/5.. kids and hubby loved it.. had it with barbeque pork chops...YUMMY