Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easily made, this is a comforting soup.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 850 ml warm water
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ounces canned butter beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan.
- Add the onion, garlic and curry powder, then cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato puree, vegetable stock, tomatoes, potatoes and diced carrot.
- Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Add the butter beans and parsley, then simmer for 10 minutes.
This soup has a lot of flavor. It was easy to prepare and the directions were very clear. We especially liked the hint of curry, which was tantalizing. I think that the curry is what gave the soup the extra depth of flavor that we enjoyed. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful soup recipe for a cool afternnoon. I can't think of anything that I would do differently!