1/1 Photo of Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich With Herb Butter
This is the most delicious sandwich! All ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste, and the herbed butter can be frozen if you have any leftover. I make this sandwich on my George Formean grill. This recipe makes 4 sandwiches. I use Velveeta cheese for this, I find it melts faster, but any thinly sliced cheddar will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (no substitutes!)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 slices bread (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, sliced (I use Velveeta cheese for this)
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced smoked ham (or to taste)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium firm tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1In a small bowl combine the softened butter, Dijon mustard, thyme, parsley and just a pinch salt; mix well until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- 2Arrange 4 slices of bread on a cutting board and top with a slice of cheese.
- 3Then top with sliced ham, then tomato, then onions and remaining cheese.
- 4Top with a slice of bread.
- 5Butter the outside of 4 slices of bread with herbed butter (I like to lightly butter the inside also, but that is up to you).
- 6Heat a non-stick skillet with a bit of herbed or regular butter (if you buttered the outside of the bread, then you might not want to add in any butter to the skillet).
- 7Add in the sandwiches, and cook until cheese melts and the bread is golden brown (about 3 minutes on each side).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich With Herb Butter
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 705.0
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 1960.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 32.3 g