Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
When I use to cater this was one of the most requested dishes from my clients. I can't believe I am finally posting the recipe but I recently misplaced it and figure if I put it on here it will never be lost. I serve this with Wheat Thins. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 -16 ounces cream cheese
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice until blended.
- Stir in red peppers, green onions, parsley, cilantro, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Set marinade aside.
- Cut blocks of cheese in half lengthwise.
- Cut into thin rectangular slices.
- Arrange cheese slices alternately into a pie dish or other shallow dish, standing slices on end.
- Pour marinade over slices and spread gently with fork until cheese is pretty much covered.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Peel back cellophane slightly and pour most of marinade out into sink.
- Serve with crackers.
I believe this is the same recipe I found in Southern Living Magazine a few years ago and it is always a big hit when I make it. Thanks for sharing it with the other readers.