Vietnamese Salad Rolls
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces rice vermicelli, cooked
- 8 large rice paper sheets
- 8 large cooked shrimp, deveined, peeled, and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 leaves lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peanuts
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Soak one rice wrapper in the water until soft (a couple of seconds). Lay wrapper flat.
- In a row across the center, place two shrimp halves, then below that a handful of vermicelli, then basil, mint, cilantro, and lettuce, leaving two inches free on each side.
- Fold uncovered sides inward, then then tightly roll the wrapper, starting with the lettuce which should be closest to you.
- Repeat for remaining wrappers.
- In a small bowl, mix Hoisin sauce, peanut butter, chili sauce, and peanuts. Use as dipping sauce for the completed rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
So basically, I cook two nights a week for a household of four adults including myself. Here are their dietary preferences: Person #1) Eats no meat, but seafood ok. Person #2) Eats no meat, seafood, eggs, cheese or fermented items. Person #3) Dislikes veggies, ethnic foods, and dishes with a lot of sauce. No tofu (this makes feeding persons 1 and 2 very difficult). Loves meat. Person #4) Dislikes cooked veggies (raw ok) and tofu. Dislikes onions and peppers of any kinds. Usually I end up making a meat-n-potatoes dish one night a week to satisfy diners #3 and 4, since the no-meat rule of diners #1 and 2 is a dietary thing, not moral/ethical, so they are okay with me picking out chunks of meat from say, a stew, and replacing it with veggie meat in their plates. The other night I make something vegetarian - squash as a main dish or something with lentils and beans. As long as there's no tofu, diners #3 and 4 will eat it, albeit with little enthusiasm. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">