Marvelous M&m Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use slightly less)
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Cream shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients gradually to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in about 2/3 cup M&Ms. Reserve remaining candy for decorating cookies.
- Spread batter in lightly greased jelly roll pan. Decorate top with remaining M&Ms (or as many of them as you desire).
- Bake at 375 degrees 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation