Sauteed Yellow Squash, Zucchini and Roasted Red Peppers
One of my favorite squash recipes. I can't believe I haven't posted this before.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 3 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers in vinegar, drained, julienned
- salt & pepper (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add olive oil.
- Add onion and cook just until tender.
- Add wine, yellow squash, zucchini and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring until squash begins to soften.
- Cover and continue cooking over low heat until nice and tender (usually about 20-25 minutes). Add roasted red peppers during the last few minutes.
- Season to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation