Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderfully tasty dish. A MUST try. Add chicken, beef, or extra spices. YUMMY!
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 (7 -8 inch) flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- Combine 1 cup each of jack and cheddar, and the cream cheese, 1/4 cup picante, peppers, onion, and seasonings; mix well.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mix down the middle of each tortilla.
- Roll and place seam side down in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over top.
- Cover with remaining mixed cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Top with lettuce and tomato and serve with additional picante sauce.
Excellent enchiladas, although not as cheddary as I would have liked. These were very easy to put together - I left out the green pepper, and only used 1/2 t. cumin - and I got 12 enchiladas out of this recipe. I will definitely make these again, but just may add an extra helping of cheddar to each enchilada. Not Tex-Mex, but good!
This is a soggy burito not an enchilada :( very disappointed
These enchiladas are very simple to put together, and so delicious. Very cheesy! We added chicken to ours and it was still wonderfully delicious. Thank you for posting!