I put this together with a LOT of help from Emeril. This is his recipe with a few tweaks and is oh so good. We thought this was a "BAM" good turkey tetrazzini. :-D I hope you like it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 lb cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, crushed
- 1Saute the onions 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over high heat until soft, about 4 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- 3Add the mushrooms, Creole seasoning, and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft and have released their liquid, about 6 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the wine and chicken stock stirring, until smooth and thick, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add the heavy cream and cream soups then bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and very flavorful, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8Preheat the oven to 375°F
- 9Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the egg noodles until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- 10Butter a casserole or baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- 11When the sauce has thickened, add the noodles, turkey, parsley, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir until thoroughly combined.
- 12Melt the last of the butter and toss into bread crumbs.
- 13Transfer to the prepared casserole and top with the bread crumb/butter mixture.
- 14Bake uncovered until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Turkey Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.0
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.7 mg
- Sodium 1049.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 34.5 g