Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I put this together with a LOT of help from Emeril. This is his recipe with a few tweaks and is oh so good. We thought this was a "BAM" good turkey tetrazzini. :-D I hope you like it too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 lb cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, crushed
- Saute the onions 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over high heat until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the mushrooms, Creole seasoning, and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft and have released their liquid, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and chicken stock stirring, until smooth and thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and cream soups then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and very flavorful, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the egg noodles until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Butter a casserole or baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the noodles, turkey, parsley, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Melt the last of the butter and toss into bread crumbs.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole and top with the bread crumb/butter mixture.
- Bake uncovered until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.