The Ultimate Peanut Butter Pie
- Gingersnap Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 325°F In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients with fork until well blended and evenly moistened. Firmly press onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake 8-10 minutes until crust firms up and is set. Cool on wire rack.
- Chocolate Ganache: Combine cream and chocolate in glass measure or bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until cream is simmering; whisk mixture until smooth. Pour over bottom of cooled crust, spreading into an even layer. Place in freezer 30 minutes or until ganache is firm. Meanwhile, prepare Peanut Butter Streusel.
- Peanut Butter Streusel: Stir together ingredients in small bowl with fork until confectioners' sugar is incorporated. Drop pea-sized clumps of streusel onto a plate, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Peanut Butter Filling: Using mixer with paddle attachment, cream together confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, cream cheese, ginger and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until incorporated. Spoon half of the filling into crust and spread into an even layer. Scatter streusel evenly over filling. Spoon the remaining filling over the streusel. With offset spatula, smooth filling into an even mound, sloping down to meet edge of crust. Place pie in freezer for at least 3 hours, or until filling is frozen hard.
- Peanut Butter Glaze/Garnish: Combine cream and white chocolate in 2-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until cream is simmering; let stand 1 minute. Whisk melted chocolate into cream. Add peanut butter and vanilla; whisk until glaze is smooth. Let glaze stand 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Slowly pour glaze over top of frozen pie, letting it slowly run down slopes of filling mound, to cover filling completely (use a small icing spatula to spread glaze to crust edge). Spoon shaved chocolate in a 2-inch band around edge of filling. Garnish with peanut halves. Freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- NOTE: I have no idea how long this pie takes to make or prepare so ignore the times on the right.