Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is from the Company's Coming "Chocolate Everything" Cookbook. It is the creamiest, melt in your mouth delicious dessert you have ever tasted! Time does not include chill time.
Chocolate Wafer Crust
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa, sifted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, well drained and finely chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups frozen light whipped dessert topping or 2 cups whipped cream
- For the crust: Combine ingredients and press into an ungreased 10 inch springform pan.
- For the filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl for 5 minutes.
- Mix in cocoa.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat for 5 minutes more.
- Slowly add whipping cream and vanilla and beat again until well blended.
- Fold in cherries.
- Pour over cooled crust.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 75 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run paring knife around edges to allow cake to settle without cracking.
- Cool completely.
- For the topping: Spread cherry pie filling on top of cooled cake.
- Spoon or pipe topping around edges as desired.
It tasted amazing. I think the whipping cream should jave been whipped before putting into the cheese cake. The cake tasted wonderful but this is the first one i have made that feel apart in the center. Like literally just fell apart. Maybe the temperature was off. I don't know why it decided to fall apart but something about the center didnt want to stay. I also noticed a lot of exess water come from the spring form pan. Wonderful taste but needs alteration.
Wonderful! I decided to go w/ a raspberry topping but followed the recipe here for the crust and cheesecake; it was really good!
This was good, but just a bit too chocolatey, didn't like the texture of the pieces of maraschino cherries inside the cake either. Probably just a personal preference, but even the kids weren't pleased with this one. I think I should stick with plain cheesecake, but thanks for sharing :)