Black Forest Brownies
Okay, there are plenty of recipes for Black Forest Cake, but none for Black Forest Brownies! This is so easy! So here it is! The brownie mix should be enough to fit a 13"x9" pan(the size of the package is estimated). Adapted from Country Woman magazine. German, New England, West
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces fudge brownie mix (to fit 13'x9-inch pan)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or follow package directions)
- 1⁄4 cup water (or follow package directions)
- 2 eggs (3 for a more cakey brownie, or follow package directions)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (or 2 oz. chocolate chips)
- Prepare and bake brownies, following pkg. directions, using a 13"x9" pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread over the brownies. Top with pie filling.
- In a microwave or small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the brownies.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to set chocolate. Enjoy!
- Yield: 2 dozen.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are yummy. Not too sickening sweet; they're just right. The drizzled chocolate got hard when chilled and that was a great addition. I took these to a valentine banquet at church so we wouldn't eat the whole thing in two days. I made this for the "Chocolate" tag game in the Spain and Portugal forum. Nummy num num.1Reply