Black Forest Cheesecake Bars
photo by Laureen in B.C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bourbon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine chocolate cake mix, butter and 1 egg. Once mixed through add the chocolate chips and toasted almonds. It will resemble cookie dough.
- Line 12x 8x baking dish with dough. Bake for 8 minutes or until set, but not dark brown.
- Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1 egg and vanilla.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over set crust and spread out evenly, but leaving a little room on the edges.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is set.
- Let cool completely and pour your pie filling over the top. Spread the filling over evenly and cut bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!