Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Saveur Magazine, for ZWT7. "A specialty of Cape Town, South Africa, this hefty sandwich combines bologna and french fries with piri-piri hot sauce." Makes one 8" sandwich.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 slices bologna
- 1 crusty Italian roll, toasted
- 2 cups cooked French fries
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- piri-piri, sauce to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- Heat oil in skillet. Add bologna, and cook over medium heat until lightly browned on both sides.
- Split roll and cover with warm bologna. Cover with fries, ketchup, and piri-piri sauce. Add lettuce, and cover roll. Enjoy warm.