Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is sooo easy and soooo good! From all-recipes.com. Posted by Betty.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Cube chicken,saute in oil for about 5 minute.
- Add garlic and cumin, mix well.
- Then add broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice, and salsa.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minute.
- Serve with broken tortilla chips, cheese and salsa.
Delicious. I made for Cinco de Mayo and have never had tortilla soup before, so I didn't know what to expect, but this was delicious. Thanks Elainemay for a wonderful recipe.
Something is missing! it's the tortilla's. The soup was made and when I went to get the chips they were gone. It seems that they had never been there because nobody else had seen them *cough*. On the bright side the soup is quite good enough without them. It has deep wonderful flavor and the cheese was a perfect accent addition. Mine took about an hour because I simmered it longer while on the trail of the vanishing tortillas, lol. It's very well seasoned without anything being overpowering. Made for Photo Tag.