1/3 Photos of Thanksgiving Cranberry, Rhubarb, Cherry, Chestnut Chutney
1 hr 20 mins
This Tangy Thanksgiving Chutney is a mixture of Rhubarb, red onions, apples, chestnuts, cranberries, dried cherries with brown sugar, balsamic and spices. Use as a condiment with meat or poultry. Spread inside a left over turkey sandwich. Served over warmed crumbled goat cheese or creamy brie on top of toasted bread, it makes an elegant holiday hors d'oeuvre for the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces frozen cranberries or 12 ounces fresh cranberries, 3 cups
- 2 medium gala apples, 8 ounces or 2 cups diced apples
- 1 lb rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 7 ounces chestnuts (From the jar is easy)
- 6 ounces dried cherries (1 cup diced)
- 8 ounces red onions, thinly sliced (2cups sliced)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger (2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1In a large stainless steel pot add all the ingredients.
- 2Bring to a boil for 5 minutes stirring often then reduce heat to simmer.
- 3Let the chutney simmer – uncovered – for 1½-2 hours.
- 4Stirring frequently while cooking.
- 5Jar and chill or process in a water bath for longer shelf life.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thanksgiving Cranberry, Rhubarb, Cherry, Chestnut Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (1926 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 451.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: