Pearl Onions With Dried Cherries
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups white pearl onions, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice, and zest
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- Melt butter add onions and sauté 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, ginger, juices, & zest. Simmer for 15 minutes until you have a syrup.
- Add cherries and cook 5 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My DH could have eaten the entire serving for 4 if I hadn't made sure I spooned a good portion on my own plate. This dish has all our favorite flavors including ginger, which I think makes this recipe special. I cheated and used a bag of frozen pearl onions and then didn't saute them quite as long before adding the rest of the ingredients. I served these tasty onions with a nice roast chicken and some mashed sweet potatoes. Delicious.