Cherry-Walnut Breakfast Couscous
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup instant couscous
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except water.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in couscous mix, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir with a fork. Serve plain, or with milk.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm a great fan of couscous in all it's varieties and incarnations. This is a very good one. From personal choice I didn't use the milk in the recipe but had a cup on the side. I cut this recipe to 3/4 of a serving and used 1/2 a tsp of Splenda Brown Sugar and a, well, generous amount of cinnamon. Thanks Mike for a quick and yumm filled brekkie. :D
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.