1/2 Photos of Thai Tofu and Squash Curry
From Canadian Living magazine. Recommended for tofu lovers and/or fans of Thai-inspired dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb firm tofu or 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts, chopped
- 1Pat tofu dry with paper towels; cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) cubes. Set aside.
- 2Peel and seed squash; cut into 3/4-inch cubes to make 3 cups. Set aside.
- 3In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and curry paste, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add squash, coconut milk, stock, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce and salt; bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low; partially cover and simmer until squash is almost tender, about 12 minutes.
- 6Add red pepper; simmer for 5 minutes. Add tofu; simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 7(Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate, uncovered, in airtight container until cold. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Reheat to continue.)
- 8Stir in cilantro and lime juice; sprinkle with peanuts.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Tofu and Squash Curry
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 820.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
light coconut milk