Thai Inspired Butternut Squash Curry
photo by Jencathen
- Ready In:
- 1 medium size butternut squash (peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 small head cauliflower (broken into small florets)
- 1 medium zucchini (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 -3 shallots (thin rings)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup broth (vegetable or chicken)
- green curry paste
- salt and pepper
- In a 12" skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute until shallots are translucent. Be careful to NOT burn the garlic.
- Add 1/2 the can of coconut milk and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add curry paste to the coconut milk in the skillet. For milder sauce use 2 teaspoons of the paste. For hotter use 1 tbsp or more.
- Once the paste incorporates into the coconut milk add the remaining 1/2 can of coconut milk and the broth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the squash and the zucchini to the pan and return to a boil. Lower the heat again to a simmer and cook until all the vegetables are tender for about 15-20 minutes longer.
- Be sure to stir the mixture periodically. If you find that the vegetables are not cooking fast enough, cover the pan in the last 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust season accordingly.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!