Recipe by Bergy
Exotic touch to economical dish. Nice combo of flavors
Top Review by Julesong
We made Thai Thighs for dinner tonight... yum! I used thigh meat, instead of peanut butter I used soy butter (I have a slight peanut allergy, and soy butter tastes pretty much the same), and instead of hot sauce used Thai chili sauce. The mixture was a bit too thick to spread on the thighs evenly so I added about 3 Tbsp of sherry. The resulting sauce that cooked up with the thighs smelled heavenly and tasted wonderful! My husband, who doesn't like overly-peanutty flavors, liked it quite a lot - he thinks that perhaps the soy butter might have made a difference. In any case, this is a keeper. :)
- 2 lbs chicken legs or 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine; green onions, garlic, hoisin, peanut butter, ginger, soy, sesame oil, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce.
- Arrange chicken legs in an oven proof dish.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Bake in 375F degrees oven for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Sprinkle with the chopped coriander.