Baked Stuffed Onions
A tasty side dish, nice with roast meat or chicken.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 large yellow onions
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (green part only)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Peel the onions leaving the root end uncut.
- Put the onions in a pot and cover them with water, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the onions from the pot and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off one quarter of the onion removing the root, scoop out a third of the inside (discard or use in some other recipe).
- Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, green onion and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add salt and pepper to the bread crumb mixture if desired.
- Place the onions in a greased baking dish and fill with stuffing.
- Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Bake the onions for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION