This is a fast, easy side dish thats colorful and very tasty! You can always adjust the heat factor or even add sliced cooked steak or chicken for a whole meal dish.
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup juliened red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion, wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, sugar, water, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper flakes.
- Whisk until well blended and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, onions, and garlic.
- Stir fry for 4 minutes or until vegetables are JUST tender crisp.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter mixture.
- Toss well to combine, sprinkle on chopped peanuts and serve hot or at room temp.