Thai-Style Beef Salad
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup sweet dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander or 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (mae ploy)
- 2 lbs beef, any cut can be used such as the London broil used in this recipe
- 1 sliced sweet onion
- 4 tomatoes, wedged
- 1 sliced cucumber, seedless
- 4 cups fresh mung bean sprouts
- Mix dressing ingredients (first 10 items) and chill several hours to let flavors develop.
- Grill beef on medium hot grill until medium-rare or until your preferred degree of doneness. We have a range of eaters - rare to medium-well done & slice accordingly. Thinly slice across the grain.
- Plate salad family style & let each person choose slices of beff to place on top of salad. Serve with dressing on the side so each my take as much as he/she wants.
- May present with jasmine rice or hot naan bread.
- Use sriracha sauce (hot red chili) on the side if you would like more heat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation