This was in my notes listed as "Sauce to serve with grilled salmon" and I have no idea where I got it but it sounds good. I haven't made it but hope to one day! Maybe you'll beat me to it! Just take salmon and rub with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil and serve with this flavorful sauce.
- Heat sauce ingredients except for the cornstarch and the basil leaves in a small saucepan.
- Taste and adjust to your preferences.
- Just before salmon is done, add cornstarch to the sauce with a small amount of water to make a slurry. Stir until it is glossy and coats the back of a spoon.
- Stack and roll basil leaves like a small cigar. Sliver them cross-wise into narrow ribbons and drop into the sauce.
- Keep sauce warm but be careful not to simmer for a long time.
- Serve sauce over the fish with Jasmine or Basmati rice.