Caribbean Coconut Curry Sauce
This sauce has the most amazing aroma and flavor. Very fresh, spicy and sweet.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup canned cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk cream of coconut and fresh lime juice in small bowl until smooth.
- Stir in green onions, curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Brush half of sauce over chicken or seafood before and during grilling.
- Pass remaining sauce separately.
- NOTE: I usually serve this dish with a side of frijoles negros (black beans) and saffron rice cooked with pineapple juice instead of water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was very good! When I tasted the lime & coconut together I just wanted to add some rum & be done with it! I cut down the cayenne to 1/8 ts for YDD & served over jasmine rice & black beans with pineapple on the side. With my Pampered Chef citrus juicer it took 4 limes to get the 1/2 cup. A great summer grill, will be making again.Reply
Delicious! I'm puzzled how someone could possibly rate this with only one star...it's not even a 4.5...it's a strong 5 or more! The only thing I can think is perhaps the cayenne was too strong for that person. For us it was the ideal combination of curry and spice with just a hint of lime and coconut. Make extra because you'll want it! Note that it takes lots of limes to get a half cup of fresh lime juice. Don't hesitate to try this sauce!Reply