Microwave Salmon Fillet En Papillote
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup fennel bulb, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup leek, white part only, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup snow peas, julienned
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill, chopped fresh
- 1 (8 ounce) salmon fillets, pin bones removed
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- Take a 15 by 36-inch piece of parchment paper and fold in 1/2 like a book. Draw a large 1/2 heart on paper with fold of paper being the center of the heart. Cut out heart and open.
- Lay fennel, leeks, carrots, and snow peas on parchment in center to 1 side of fold. Mix together salt, pepper, and dill. Sprinkle vegetables with 1/2 of salt, pepper, and dill. Lay salmon on top of vegetables and season with remaining salt, pepper and coriander.
- Top with the lemon and sprinkle with wine. Fold other side of heart over fish and starting at top of heart shape, fold up both edges of parchment, overlapping folds as you move along. Once you reach the end tip, twist several times to secure tightly.
- Place on microwave safe plate and cook for 4 minutes, on high in microwave, or until fish reaches 131 degrees. Open parchment carefully and serve for a complete meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a married cruise-only travel agent with two stepsons, aged 20 and 25. It took a while to get the boys used to my cooking, as they were raised on fast food and pre-packaged foods (i.e. mac-n-cheese from the blue box, frozen dinners, Chef Boyardee, McDonalds, etc.). My mother is from Spain and I lived there as well as Germany, England and Italy growing up, which influenced both my career and my cuisine!</p> 8726943"