Recipe by friedymeister
From Foodtv Canada Show: Crash My Kitchen Episode: Stir Fry Crazy http://www.foodtv.ca/recipes/recipedetails.aspx?dishid=7386
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
This month I've been on a quest to find the perfect Thai green curry recipe, and this is certainly a contender (and hubby's favourite so far). I used green beans (on hand) instead of snow peas, chicken stock instead of water and brown sugar instead of white. In the instructions, be sure to add that the lime leaves, Thai basil and cilantro should be chopped, and the cilantro should be sprinkled over before serving. I'm pleased to be giving you your first review. Keep cooking!
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 fresh lime leaves
- 20 leaves Thai basil
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 large red pepper, julienne
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil in wok set over medium heat allow this to heat 10 – 20 seconds. Add shallots and curry paste. Cook shallots until opaque, do not brown.
- Add chicken followed by milk, water, fish sauce, sugar and lime leaves (chopped). Stir ingredients together. Cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes. Reduce heat and continue to cook until the sauce is slightly thickened and chicken to cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low add Thai basil (chopped), snow peas and red pepper. Let cook for 2 – 3 minutes and serve.
- Serve over Jasmine rice with chopped cilantro sprinkled on top.