Recipe by Sudie
A real tasty curry. I have no idea how authentic it is; I got this off the internet from someone who posted it on another site, who had gotten it from a friend of his girlfriends(!). You can add more vegetables to this at the last step to suit your fancy.
Top Review by Oishi
I used 'Thai kitchen yellow cury paste 112 g jar) used 2 cans of coconut milk and 2/3 cup of chicken broth and 4 tbsp of brown sugar and 4 tbsp of fish sauce.
used 3 chicken breasts and mixed veges (baby corn, carrots and peas) and red and yellow peppers. Didnt use the jalapenos, garlic, bamboo shoots (fresh ones would be good) or mushrooms Was a big hit with me and the teens!
- olive oil
- onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste or 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- Thai peppers or jalapeno pepper, to taste,sliced
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- raw chicken, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can straw mushroom, drained and rinsed
- 1 can bamboo shoot, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 6 fresh lime leaves, torn in half
- 1⁄2 basil (Thai or regular)
- 1 lime, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat small amount of oil in skillet and cook onion over moderate heat until translucent.
- Add garlic, stir until it starts to color.
- Add curry paste and a little coconut milk, stirring until smooth.
- Add rest of coconut milk and the cubed chicken.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients except for the lime, and simmer for about 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over cooked rice with lime quarter and more basil if you want.