Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Got this from Chowhound.com. This is pretty hot. So cut back on the chilies for less heat.
- 3⁄4-1 lb tiger shrimp
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed, sliced fine and chopped very fine, tender part only
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 inch grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (to taste)
- 3 Thai red chili peppers, Serrano work
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a med bowl mix the soy, water, fish sauce , lemon grass and sugar – let shrimp marinate 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in the wok, add the onion and stir fry 2 minutes, add the ginger, garlic and the peppers- cook 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the shrimp from the marinade and place in the wok stir fry 3 minutes do not completely cook the shrimp.
- Add the remaining marinade and cook another 30 seconds,.
- Remove from the wok and stir in the basil.
- Serve over Jasmine rice, Garnish with more basil.
I used tofu instead of shrimp. I've been looking for this recipe for ages, as this is our favorite dish to get in Thai restaurants. It's quite yummy.
This recipe is missing the main ingredient... Shrimp. I think it would be good with snow peas added. Also, with the Basil leaves left whole. I had this in a restaurant and it was delicious. I will try making it this summer when I have fresh basil. :)