Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
My dear friend Lisa made this one day and brought it to work to share. I BEGGED and pleaded her for the recipe because it was so yummy and delish! I was shocked at just how simple it is when she emailed it to me. She got it somewhere on the web- she thought it was cdkitchen. Hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
FANTASTIC - Super easy!!! I love the butter cake mix. This is so creamy, so scrumptious and my favorite... SO EASY. I made two sheets for a potluck picnic one with Cherry and one with Blueberry - they were the first desserts to disappear! Thanks Mama for another incredible recipe!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) butter recipe cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pie filling (cherry, pineapple, blueberry, strawberry, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out 1 cup of dry cake mix and reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together remaining dry cake mix, 1 egg, and oil (mixture will be crumbly).
- Press crust mixture evenly into bottom of a greased 13 x 9 pan.
- In the same bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar together.
- Add 3 eggs and reserved cake mix and beat 1 minute on medium.
- Turn mixer to low setting and gradually add milk, lemon juice and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour into crumb crust.
- Bake at 300° for 45 to 55 minutes, or until center is firm.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon pie filling on top of cheesecake, cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Baked cheesecake freezes great if it is well-wrapped. Wait to top it with pie filling until it has thawed.