- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pints boiling vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 400 g red kidney beans
- 340 g sweetcorn, niblets
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add celery, pepper and garlic, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add herbs, spices and stock, tomato puree and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add kidney beans and sweetcorn, and simmer for 10 minutes.