Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
Here is an alternative to having brisket when it's just not possible to 'slow-smoke' one for 10-12 hours using oak and mesquite. Prep time does NOT include overnight marinade.
- 4 -6 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons bolner brisket dry rub seasonings
- 1 tablespoon bolner texas steak seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle liquid smoke, reserve 3 teaspoons
- 2 cups catsup
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a large Dutch oven, place brisket, sprinkle both sides with the spices and coat generously with Liquid Smoke.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a saucepan, bring all ingredients for sauce to a boil and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Generously coat brisket with sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 5 to 6 hours.
- Let the brisket'rest' at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Remember to always slice a brisket across the grain.
- The grain always runs across the short side of the brisket.
My family absolutely loved this recipe..The meat was so tender and it tasted just like it had been smoked..We have made this several times and my family asks for it often.