Recipe by Kaccy G.
Here is an alternative to having brisket when it's just not possible to 'slow-smoke' one for 10-12 hours using oak and mesquite. Prep time does NOT include overnight marinade.
- 4 -6 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons bolner brisket dry rub seasonings
- 1 tablespoon bolner texas steak seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle liquid smoke, reserve 3 teaspoons
- 2 cups catsup
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven, place brisket, sprinkle both sides with the spices and coat generously with Liquid Smoke.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a saucepan, bring all ingredients for sauce to a boil and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Generously coat brisket with sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 5 to 6 hours.
- Let the brisket'rest' at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Remember to always slice a brisket across the grain.
- The grain always runs across the short side of the brisket.