Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice change from traditional pasta dishes
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce (the thicker type more like a glaze)
- Cook pasta to package directions, drain.
- While pasta is cooking, combine carrots, broccoli, pineapple, and water chestnuts.
- Heat large skillet or wok with oil in it. Add chicken and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from wok, put into clean bowl.
- Add bowl of vegetable ingredients to wok. Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Re-add cooked chicken to veggies in pan, also teriyaki sauce and stir fry 1 minute.
- Toss pasta and chicken/veggie mixture together and serve hot.
Very good and easy recipe which we enjoyed. Made for ZWT6. Thanks for sharing!
Another 5 star main meal into my permanent cookbook! This is a very easy to prepare meal if you do all the cutting, dicing and boiling beforehand. I omitted the water chestnuts due to personal tastes but everything else was as directed. My kids gobbled it up in no time! Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup May 2008. Update Aug 08 - I just have to tell you that we continue to enjoy this recipe! My oldest DD came for supper tonight and LOVED this dish and now wants to try it out. It is great that it is simple enough for those beginning cooks. My grandson loved it all too - which is saying alot b/c he is 3 and tends to go thru picky stages. Just wanted to thank you again!
Made for ZWT 4. This will be in regular rotation. I like that it uses things that I already have in my pantry. It is super easy and quick. I used pineapple in its own juice drained. It wasn't too sweet I worried about that. My 3 yr old said it was better than nuggets which is a plus lol.