Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is basically a technique I have discovered for making those thin breakfast steaks suitable to serve for dinner. And, they don't have the consistency of shoe leather! I highly recommend that anyone who does not have Montreal Steak Seasoning go out and buy it! It is so good that it has forever replaced the use of pepper on steaks and burgers in our house! I serve this recipe with a hearty potato dish and veggies.
- 4 -5 thin-sliced New York strip steaks (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (or just fresh ground black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large mushrooms, sliced
- Heat the olive oil over medium to medium high.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Rub the steaks evenly with the garlic and steak seasoning or pepper.
- Push the mushrooms over to one side of the pan, and add the steaks.
- (You could remove the mushrooms and sear the steaks for 1 minute per side, but I don't know that they would be as tender). Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes per side for well done.
- Serve while hot!
Yummy!!! Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!!!
This was a super easy and delicious recipe! The only thing i did was add onions with the mushrooms. A quick meal that i will def make again! :)