Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The men in my family just love this casserole!
- 1 beaten eggs or 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup tomato juice (low sodium V8 works well)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (can use 1/4 cup red pepper and 1/4 cup green pepper)
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups ore-ida crispy crowns tater tots (or whatever it takes to cover the meat mixture)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg whites, oatmeal, tomato juice, seasonings, onion, green pepper and ground beef.
- Mix well.
- Spread evenly in a greased 9x13 inch dish.
- Top with a single layer of tater tots.
- Combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and cheese. Stir well.
- Spoon soup mixture over the tater tots. Spread to cover.
- Cover with foil, and bake for one hour.